Attention! Mercury is extremely dangerous.
Even one broken thermometer is enough to
to create an environmental disaster in an apartment or other premises.
WHAT SHOULD BE DONE?
— First of all, it is necessary to localize
and block the mercury spill site;
— In this room it is necessary to lower
air temperature below 18 degrees
(open one window, turn off the battery).
— Leave the contaminated area.
It is important to understand that only an Expert mercury services with special equipmentable to find all sources of infection. Then safely and completely eliminate hazardous metal.
Mercury vapor – Invisible Poison!
WHAT NOT TO DO?
— Absolutely not possible collect mercury with a vacuum cleaner;
— Sweep mercury with a broom;
— Throw away broken thermometer in the garbage chute;
— Wash clothes and shoes that have been in contact with mercury, in the washing machine;
— Flush mercury down the toilet or drain.
— Be self-employed and ignore the expert’s instructions mercury services.
— Do not stay in contaminated area in a flu mask.
— Without special means of protection “from mercury” self-collection is dangerous.
— It is unacceptable to breathe poisonous vapors of mercury! Every breath poisons the body.
! DANGEROUS ! for life and health
When cleaning the oral cavity, the following precautions must be observed:
- – do not walk near the break in socks, barefoot or in rag shoes;
- – use shoe covers or bags;
- – do not stay in a room with an air temperature above +18 ° C and the presence of mercury;
- – the higher the air temperature, the faster the evaporation;
- – provide fresh air without creating a draft;
- – keep children and animals away from dirty areas;
- – do not pour oil on the balls, this will make it difficult to collect them;
- – do not collect mercury in household protective equipment;
- – do not wash surfaces from mercury – the area of contamination increases;
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT MERCURY?
— Mercury belongs to toxic substances of the first hazard class.;
— Causes immediate mild to severe poisoning;
— If mercury is not neutralized in a timely manner, a lethal outcome is possible;
— Mercury begins to evaporate actively already at room temperature;
— It is mandatory to perform a check on the analyzer after any collection of mercury.;
— Poorly removed mercury from a thermometer can poison a room for up to 5 years;
— The substance is especially dangerous for children and pregnant women;
— One broken thermometer is enough to create an environmental disaster in a room of more than 150 m2.
— The first signs of mercury vapor poisoning: